Alcohol-Related Traffic Fatalities in Dry Rockwall County Cities


As a Rockwall County personal injury and wrongful death lawyer, I have handled a number of drunk driving injury and fatality cases throughout the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex and across Texas.


Driving while intoxicated is illegal. If the motorist who caused you crash was drunk, then it is highly likely that they will be arrested and face prosecution. This does not affect your right to make a civil claim for damages against their insurance company. With the aid of a Texas trial lawyer, it is often very easy to prove negligence in a drunk driving accident case, so that you can recover the full and fair compensation you deserve.


There are several cities within Rockwall County which prohibit or outlaw the sale of alcoholic beverages either for off-premises consumption or have a blanket ban. Unfortunately, such restrictions may increase the likelihood of a drunk driver accident occurring. According to the National Center for Statistics and Analysis (NCSA) dry counties have 357.89% more alcohol-related traffic fatalities than dry counties.


Here is a list of all cities in Rockwall County which completely prohibit beer, wine and liquor sales:

  • Heath
  • McLendon-Chisolm


Here is a list of all cities in Rockwall County where the sale of beer and wine for off-premises consumption is authorized but sale of distilled spirits is not (or mixed beverages are only authorized in restaurants):

  • Fate
  • Rockwall
  • Rowlett (part)
  • Royce City (part)
  • Wylie (part)


No cities in Rockwall County completely prohibit the sale of alcoholic beverages for off-premises consumption other than those considered completely dry.


(Information provided by the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission, understood to be correct as of November 2011)



Have You Been Injured?

If you or a member of your family has been injured in an auto wreck caused by an intoxicated motorist, you may be entitled to make a claim for compensation to cover your medical expenses and other crash-related expenses. Call 800-354-6275 or 214-327-8000 to discuss your unique situation with a board certified personal injury and wrongful death attorney today.



Other Articles You Might Be Interested In:

A Step-By-Step Guide: What You Should Do After a Car Crash

Dram Shop Claims - Liquor Liability

Making A Claim Against Someone You Know

Fair Compensation for a Drunk Driving Auto Accident

Texas Laws Regarding Driving With Alcohol

Mark A. Anderson
Board Certified Personal Injury Lawyer in Fort Worth, Texas