Most fires are started either as a result of carelessness or poor judgment, but negligence is not an excuse. If you have suffered a burn injury or lost a loved one to a fire accident you may be entitled to file a claim for compensation, so it is important that you contact an experienced personal injury lawyer. Mark Anderson is a board certified attorney who has been helping the victims of other's negligence since 1991. The Anderson Law Firm offers free no obligation consultations. Call toll free at 800-354-MARK or locally at 817-294-1900.
Fire Safety Tips
There are many simple things we can all do in order to avoid starting fires and to avoid potential for burn injuries. These include:
- If you are a smoker, never smoke in bed
- Always turn off appliances such as an iron or hair straightener when left unattended
- Don’t wear lose clothing around open flames
- Keep appliance cords and hot liquids out of the reach of children
- Install smoke alarms throughout your home, test them each month and replace the batteries annually
- Keep space heaters away from drapes, furniture and other flammable materials
- Turn down your water heater to 130° or lower
- Keep children away from stoves, grills, campfires and fireplaces
- Keep matches and lighters secure and out of children’s reach
Should you be in a position to help someone who has suffered a serious burn injury there are 4 main points to remember:
- Call 911 for emergency assistance
- Cool a burn with cool running water
- Never use ointment, butter or grease on a burn
- Don’t remove clothing from the burn
Other Articles You Might Be Interested In:
Burn Injuries From Texas Accidents
Causes of Fires and Burn Injuries in Dallas-Fort Worth
When should I call a personal injury lawyer?
Beware of Lawsuit Loan Companies
Are You Properly Insured For A Fire Loss?