Mark Anderson is a Board Certified Injury Lawyer who has been helping those injured in car crashes and motorcycle collisions across the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex area since 1991. Over the years, he has learned that insurance companies can be quite tricky when it comes to evaluating a personal injury claim, so he has formulated these tips to help you succeed in your pursuit of the fair compensation you deserve:
- Watch what you say. Adjusters are masters at trying to minimizing your injuries.
- Don’t give a recorded statement. There is no legal requirement that you do so. It is OK to talk, but there is no reason that it should be recorded.
- Don’t rely on the adjuster to do the work for you. If you are asserting an injury claim on your own, you must be prepared to do all the leg work necessary to have the claim presented in the best possible light.
- Don’t let gaps in your medical treatment occur. The adjusters will assume you aren’t hurt.
- Follow your doctor’s orders. Again, the adjusters will fault you for this.
- Don’t assume that insurance adjuster is your friend. It is their goal to pay you the least amount they can. Never forget that.
- If you are seriously injured—consider hiring a Board Certified Injury Lawyer to fight for fair compensation for you.
Insurance companies count on you giving up. They won’t make it easy for you, so don’t make it easy for them. They will deny, delay and refuse payment. Trust me, I know. It is important that you fight for your rights. Every day I fight on behalf of policyholders who have diligently paid their premiums, month after month, year after year, only to find that when they really need the help of their insurance company they’re not on their side at all!
Remember, if all else fails, you should contact an experienced personal injury attorney. Anderson Law Firm offers free consultations on individual cases. Use the online contact form or call toll free on 1-800-354-MARK.
Other Articles You Might Be Interested In: