Hit and Run Accident Attorney Handling Uninsured Motorist Claims in Forth Worth

hit and run accident attorneys in Texas

In Texas, it's against the law to flee the scene of an accident, or "hit and run." It's also against the law to drive a car without liability insurance. If you've been involved in a hit and run accident or a car wreck with a driver who doesn't have insurance, you still have options. 

Award-Winning Hit and Run Accident Attorney

The Anderson Law Firm’s founder Mark Anderson is repeatedly listed as one of the best attorneys in North Texas. Mark received the honor of Super Lawyer recognition by Thompson Reuters and was named Top Attorney by Fort Worth Magazine. He is Board Certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.

Read More About Mark

Common Uninsured Motorist Accident Questions

Featured Uninsured Motorist Car Accident Case Result

$250,000 for Victim Hurt in an Underinsured Motorist Accident

When Sandra was involved in a serious accident with a driver who wasn't carrying enough insurance, she didn't know what to do. Here's how we helped her get the money she needed. 

Read Sandra's Story

What Our Hit and Run Accident Injury Firm Can Do For You

We'll immediately investigate your accident. 

In my experience, uninsured motorist cases - and especially hit and run cases - tend to be complicated. There are often lots of unanswered questions, and insurance companies will use the holes to deny or undervalue your claim. For this reason, quick and thorough car accident investigations are crucial, which is why we make yours a priority. Since evidence like skid marks, debris, vehicle damage, video camera recordings and injuries tend to diminish and disappear fairly quickly, we'll act quickly to begin building your case. 

We'll determine what insurance is available. 

If you're certain that the at-fault driver doesn't have insurance, or if the accident was a hit and run, it's time to review your own insurance. By law, every insurance company must offer you uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage (also known as UM or UIM). If you have UM, we will pursue a claim for compensation to cover any medical bills related to the accident, compensation for missed work as a result of the accident or your injuries, and more. We will also look at all additional avenues for compensation to make sure we're going after the most money possible. 

We'll work hard to win you the money you deserve. 

Even if the other driver has insurance, sometimes it's not enough. 

For example, if a driver crashes their car into yours and it turns out that they only have the state minimum of $30,000 in liability insurance coverage, but your medical bills amount to $40,000, you can use your UM to cover the missing $10,000, plus money for your lost wages, pain and suffering. You might feel reluctant to make a claim against your own insurance company. This is understandable. However, I always tell my clients that if you’re paying for UM, you should use it. Your insurance company is NOT allowed to raise your rates based solely on this type of claim.

If you've been in a car accident that wasn't your fault, you shouldn't have to pay the price. Under Texas law, you're entitled to compensation for your medical bills, missed work days, pain and suffering. The Anderson Law Firm can help you get it. 

Request Your Free Accident Case Review Today

During your consultation, we'll discuss the details of your situation and lay out a plan to construct your uninsured or underinsured motorist case. Call us now or fill out a contact form to request your free case review. 

Mark A. Anderson
Board Certified Personal Injury Lawyer in Fort Worth, Texas