What is the best way to fix errors in the crash report prepared by the police department after my wreck?

There are two types of errors that can be found on a crash report- factual errors and disputed fact errors. A factual error (a mistake in license plate number, insurance policy number, color of the car, etc.) is much easier to fix because all that needs to be done is to provide documentation to the police department in order to make these changes. Disputed facts include things such as a witness saying something you do not agree with or perhaps a misinterpretation by a police officer of something you said. It is rare that amendments are made to disputed facts in the crash report, but you can submit your own account of events and what happened and the police officer may attach it to the crash report as evidence.


Other Articles You Might Be Interested In:

Crash Scene Evidence

If I live in Ft. Worth, how do I get the police report for my car accident?

Special Crash Investigation: Back-over And Non-crash Events

Accident Investigation Information

Police Department Numbers -- North Texas

Mark A. Anderson
Connect with me
Board Certified Personal Injury Lawyer in Fort Worth, Texas