If you were injured in a car accident that was not your fault, you deserve to know your legal rights. A free, no-obligation consultation with Anderson Injury Lawyers is a great place to make an informed decision. Here are the top five questions that you should ask a car accident lawyer.
1. Do You Accept Car Accident Cases?
Not all attorneys handle car accidents. It makes sense to hire a lawyer who understands car accidents, the insurance claim process, and who can help you:
- Gather compelling evidence
- Prove the other driver was at-fault
- File your claim or car accident lawsuit
- Negotiate for maximum compensation
The right attorney for you should be able to handle your car wreck claim from start to finish. At Anderson Injury Lawyers, we have a record of success and routinely handle a wide array of Texas car accidents, including ones involving semi-trucks and rideshare vehicles.
2. How Much Is My Claim Worth?
Several factors influence how much your claim is worth, including:
- The severity of your injuries
- Value of your damages – medical bills, lost pay, pain and suffering, and other losses
- Circumstances of the accident – for example, the other driver has multiple reckless driving violations
Naturally, you want to know how much compensation you could recover. After all, you are injured and have bills to pay. You should not suffer twice because of someone’s recklessness.
At Anderson Injury Lawyers, we will review your medical bills, lost wages, and other losses. Our team will also look at the insurance policy maximum and whether the at-fault party has any assets that are accessible.
We can give you a good idea of what to expect, but we cannot make any promises.
3. How Much Will I Need To Do?
You will have plenty on your plate after a car crash. You may have multiple medical appointments and stress from all the unexpected bills. The last thing you need is the headache of filing a claim and dealing with an insurance adjuster.
Anderson Injury Lawyers has a legal team that handles all the stress for you. After our initial meeting, we will:
- Gather evidence and testimony against the other party
- Collect information about your injuries and prognosis
- File, track and manage your insurance claim
A car accident lawyer handles the details and keeps you updated. This allows you to stay informed but take the time you need to recover and feel better.
4. Can I Recover Damages if I Share the Blame?
Most car accident cases involve two drivers who each played a role in the crash. You could still recover compensation even if you share the blame. Some states allow you to collect compensation if you are less than 51% responsible.
A car accident lawyer can help you understand comparative negligence laws and if they apply to your case.
5. What Damages Could I Recover?
You may be entitled to both economic and non-economic damages after a crash. Economic damages are those that can be easily quantified and proven with bills and out-of-pocket expenses. Non-economic damages are harder to put a value on, but their worth can be determined by looking at the facts and past settlements.
Anderson Injury Lawyers can help you get compensation for:
- Property damage
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost income
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Reduced earning potential
- Reduced quality of life
Anderson Injury Lawyers Can Answer Your Car Accident Questions
You may have more questions in addition to the top five questions listed above. Get answers with a free consultation. The sooner you call, the faster a car accident lawyer with Anderson Injury Lawyers can start on your case.