Posted in: by Anderson Injury Lawyers

There are many types of insurance you can have that will protect you if you’re in a personal injury accident in Texas. Although you can make a claim on your own insurance policies, we will also pursue a claim from the insurance company of the person or company who is at fault. Sometimes with a combination of all types of insurance, you can get a significant amount of money to cover all of your losses after an accident.

If you are involved in a car wreck or other personal injury accident, contact our experienced attorneys at Anderson Injury Lawyers today. We have recovered millions for victims like you. Call us at (817) 294-1900 or use our online contact form.

Making a Claim With the At Fault Person’s Insurance

The first place we will look for compensation will be with the insurance company of the at-fault person or company. If you were involved in a car accident, that would be the insurance company of the negligent driver, or the driver who failed to follow the law or uphold their duty as a responsible driver.

In Texas, all drivers are required to have a minimum amount of insurance that will protect you. They must have $30,000 to cover injuries per person, $60,000 total for each accident, and $25,000 in property damage per accident. This is called 30/60/25 coverage.

Commercial vehicles have even more coverage. According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, commercial vehicles must have at least $750,000 in liability. That amount increases for semi trucks that carry oil and gas or hazardous substances, which must have millions in coverage. Passenger carries, like busses, must also have up to $5 million in coverage.

Homeowners and business owners also have insurance to cover things like slips and falls and other injuries on their property.

What Will Liability and Property Damage Insurance Cover?

If we make a claim with the liability and property damage coverage of the at-fault party, you can get compensation for the following:

Any economic (directly monetary) or noneconomic (which are harder to value) damages may be covered by the liability and/or property damage insurance of the at-fault party, or defendant.

Will My Insurance Protect Me?

Yes. You can also use your own insurance to protect you after an accident. Your major medical insurance can cover your initial medical bills. Your own uninsured/underinsured motor vehicle insurance can cover your damages if the other driver was not covered. Your own collision coverage can pay for your property damage if necessary.

It’s best to make sure you have plenty of insurance to protect yourself in case the other person or company has none, tries to prove that you were actually at fault, or doesn’t have enough coverage.

Call an Attorney for Help With a Personal Injury Claim

Navigating one insurance claim can be complex, let alone juggling more than one with the defendant’s insurance company and your own. IF there is more than one insurance company involved, you may have to battle to get your losses covered.

We can take the stress off you and manage the legal issues so you can focus on relaxing and healing. Call Anderson Injury Lawyers today at (817) 294-1900 or use our online contact form to reach out.