If you’ve been injured in an accident with a commercial truck, you should hire a lawyer to help you get the most compensation possible. Even lawyers with personal injury experience may refer a truck accident case to us because they don’t feel qualified to fully and fairly represent the victims. The bottom line is you shouldn’t try to do this yourself because you won’t know what you’re doing.
Why You Need A Truck Accident Lawyer
Effectively handling a truck accident injury case requires experience and knowledge about:
- How thorough a truck accident investigation should be
- Who’s qualified to investigate a truck accident
- How to write a demand letter to an insurance company
- The value of your case
- How to effectively negotiate with an insurance company and its lawyers
- How to litigate a truck accident case
This list is just the beginning. Given everything that could happen when negotiating the settlement of a truck accident case and what’s needed to prepare for and conduct a trial, to do a good job of representing yourself you would need knowledge and experience in hundreds of different details. You would also need the wisdom to make dozens of correct decisions along the way.
Truck Accident Cases Can be Much Complicated Than Those Involving Passenger Vehicles
A commercial truck accident adds a level of complexity compared to a crash with another car, making the choice to represent yourself that much more harmful to your interests. There may be several parties (each with their own insurance company and lawyers) who may be legally obligated to compensate you for your injuries:
- The driver, who may work on his own or be employed by a trucking company
- The trucking company, which may, or may not, employ the driver and own and maintain the truck
- The shipper, which may have improperly loaded or secured the cargo. This could lead to the loss of control of the truck and or causing the cargo to fall off the back, leading to the accident
- A truck repair service, if it was used to repair or maintain the truck or trailer, which may have been done negligently
- The designer, manufacturer, distributor, and seller of a defective, failed part of the truck or trailer which may have caused the accident
- Other drivers who may have played a role in causing the accident
Why Risk All That’s at Stake by Not Hiring a Texas Truck Accident Injury Lawyer?
Given how dangerous a fully loaded, out of control commercial truck can be, there’s a good chance your accident caused a severe injury or killed a family member. Depending on the facts of your case, it may be worth hundreds of thousands, maybe millions, of dollars. Do you want to risk getting far less than your case is worth so you could avoid retaining an attorney?
We are dedicated to fighting for truck accident victims like you. Anderson Injury Lawyers represent those who have been severely injured or killed by the negligence of truck drivers, trucking companies, shippers, and repair services. We understand how a commercial truck accident can lead to lifelong disabilities, and we use our knowledge, skills, and resources, so our clients get the fair compensation they deserve for harm they suffered.
Anderson Injury Lawyers has won millions of dollars for our clients over the years. We have experience handling a wide array of cases, including truck accidents. We offer individual attention, more than 25 years of experience, and everything you need to get everything you deserve. To talk with us about how we can help you, call 817-294-1900, or contact us online to schedule a free consultation.