Receiving a Subrogation Letter From Your Health Insurance Company After a Motorcycle Accident

If you've been sent a subrogation letter from your health insurance provider after your motorcycle wreck, don't panic. This is very common practice following all sorts of personal injury accidents, however you may need to start thinking about hiring a board certified motorcycle collision attorney who can make sure that your legal rights to fair compensation are protected. I've been helping injured motorcyclists and their families across the Dallas-Fort Worth region since 1991. Contact me now for a free no obligation consultation on your personal situation.

What is a subrogation letter?
Most people aren't aware of this, but with most health insurance policies there is a clause that if you are injured as a result of someone else's negligence you must seek damages from their insurance company to pay for your medical treatment and other debts related to the accident. The subrogation letter you've received is basically telling you that since you were hurt in an accident, you need to pay for your hospital bills through whatever insurance policy which might cover the people, property or vehicles involved in the accident which caused your injuries.

Lots of times I get contacted by personal injury victims that have received a subrogation letter that are upset that their own health insurance company is deserting them in their time of need. I agree with you. I don't think that it's fair at all. If you diligently pay your premiums every month, you deserve to have the coverage when you need it. Unfortunately, your health provider (like any insurance company) is a business and they insert the subrogation clause to protect their profits. Sometimes you'll notice the subrogation letters don't even come from your health provider directly, but from a collections company such as Ingenix, Rawlings or The Phia Group..


You need to hire an experienced personal injury lawyer
There are a lot of people out there who are extremely averse to seeking damages following an accident. Maybe it's the thought of filing a lawsuit that puts them off, but the reality is that what you're really doing is making a claim against the at-fault person's insurance policy. You're not suing an individual; you're not hurting anyone in anyway. You're simply making an insurance claim, the same way you would if a burglar robbed your house.

Unfortunately, personal injury claims are usually very expensive for insurance companies - particularly with motorcycle collision as the injuries sustained are typically very serious. This means that the insurance company will fight you tooth and nail trying to deny or delay your claim. They would like nothing more than to pay you as little money as possible. That's why it's so important that you hire an experienced personal injury trial lawyer who knows what they're doing. Your lawyer will deal with the insurance company so that you don't have to. Once your claim is a success, you are able to pay back your health insurance company so that you can be in good standing with them.

If you've received a subrogation letter, I think it's very important that you at least sit down with a motorcycle injury lawyer and talk about your options so that you can make an informed decision. You can call me toll free at 800-354-MARK (6275) or locally either in Fort Worth at 817-294-1900 or in Dallas at 214-327-8000.

Other articles you might be interested in:

Waiting For The Insurance Company To Pay Your Claim? Don't Hold Your Breath.  
How To Get Your Motorcycle Repaired After a Traffic Accident
Financial Debt You May Incur Following a Motorcycle Accident

Will Making A Claim Take Too Much of My Time?  
Making A Claim Against Your Neighbor
Mark A. Anderson
Connect with me
Board Certified Personal Injury Lawyer in Fort Worth, Texas