How Do I Pay For the Doctor if I Don’t Have Health Insurance?

How Do I Pay For the Doctor if I Don't Have Health Insurance?

Many people who have been involved in an accident in Texas don't have health insurance. At the Anderson Law Firm in Fort Worth, we get calls all the time from prospective clients asking us, "What do I do? How do I get to the doctor?"

There are two answers to this problem:



  • You can go to the doctor and pay cash or put it on a credit card and deal with those payments later



  • Or, through a lawyer, you can have the lawyer issue to the medical provider a Letter of Protection

What this letter does is tell the medical provider that a claim is pending and that your bill will be paid at the end of the claim. Not all doctors accept Letters of Protection, but many do. Letters of Protection are great because it allows the person who was not at fault for causing the accident to receive the medical treatment they need.

The Fort Worth personal injury lawyers at the Anderson Law Firm do issue Letters of Protection to medical providers on behalf of our clients who do not have health insurance. If you have any questions regarding Letters of Protection or the claims process in general, please give us a call at 817-294-1900.

Mark A. Anderson
Connect with me
Board Certified Personal Injury Lawyer in Fort Worth, Texas